I carefully read your paper, twice through, for grammar and meaning and I:
- Correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, & word use
- Polish & streamline (shorten) sentences
- Insert more precise, colorful vocabulary
- Turn passive verbs into “actives”
- Align subject-verb-object phrases
- Untangle confusing sentences and paragraphs
- Insert questions & suggestions to help you clarify concepts
- Correct in-text citations using style guides (APA, MLA, Turabian/Chicago, CSE)
- Check quotes, name spelling or facts that seem incorrect
- Check for consistencies in spellings and style throughout a paper
I also point out:
- Where to add transitions
- When to paraphrase rather than quote
- Language bias (age, cultural, gender, racial, religious, etc.)
Note: I edit all papers in Track Changes so you can see every change I make, and accept, reject, or tweak them. For more on Track Changes (under the Review menu) see Track Changes instructions.
Copy Editing Fee: $50 to $65 for 1,000 words, depending on writing quality, editing needs.
I will edit a 1-page (12 pt., double-spaced) sample edit for free: email sample to wordwise.Cambridge@gmail.com.