All levels — elementary, high school and university. Through in-class exercises and homework assignments students learn how to write:
- Essays: comparative, personal narrative, expository, and persuasive
- Stellar introductions and conclusions
- Short stories, flash fiction, and poetry
- Metaphors, similes, personifications, etc.
- Timed essays for standardized tests (e.g., MCAS, SAT)
Students also learn basic skills such as how to:
- brainstorm, outline and draft and rewrite research papers and essays
- write in first, second and third person voice
Writing tools, not rules!
- Sharpen writing & analytic skills
- Explore imagination and develop a personal “voice”
- Examine structure and style
Classes: Individual and small group lessons, $60 to $75 per session
Email: Wordwise.firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 617-547-7647